Make your own free website on



Home | Contact Me


The photograph shown here was taken from a still frame of a 16mm film camera. On October20, 1967, two men on horseback, Roger Patterson, who shot the film and Bob Gimlin, a friend,  took to the northern Californian woods of Bluff Creek in the hopes of photographing one of these elusive creatures.  They were not disappointed.  In the late afternoon, Patterson and Gimlin encountered the creature.  Patterson’s horse reared and knocked him to the ground. He quickly jumped up and ran toward the creature.  It responded by simply walking away. Gimlin kept his friend covered with a rifle in case it attacked. It walked into the trees and vanished.  The two men decided against following the creature thinking there maybe a confrontation with either it -or more of its kind that could be in the area.  After it was filmed, many scientists dissected the footage. Some claim the film was indeed that of an unknown animal. Others claim it was merely a man in an obvious monkey suit.  
Over the years, rumors abounded that Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin hoaxed the whole incident. It even went further by saying that a special effects man named John Chambers, who designed the makeup in the Planet of the Apes movies, designed the suit. He has denied any involvement.  Movie special effects people claim the film is just a man in a suit. Some scientists still cling to their belief that the film is authentic.  Sadly, Roger Patterson died in 1972 of cancer. Did he go to his grave laughing? Or did he firmly believe at the time of his death that he had seen Bigfoot?  In March of 1992, Bob Gimlin admitted that he might have been fooled. He gave thought to the possibility that Roger concocted the whole thing and Bob was an unknowing eyewitness to one of the most elaborate hoaxes in the world.


This photo is one of several taken July 11, 1995 by an off-duty forest patrol officer in the Wild Creek area near Mt. Rainier. It is one of 7 other photos purchased from the officer by Bigfoot investigator Cliff Crook. The ranger was following up a lead on bear poachers in the area when he heard loud splashing sounds below him. He peeked over the ridge to investigate with camera in hand. Some of the photos are shaded and others are of excellent clarity. 
"No matter how convincing supposed Bigfoot photos or films may be, until the ultimate living proof is in, alleged Bigfoot photos and films must remain alleged.

This is a picture of a white Bigfoot like creature sighted often in Fort Worth, Texas in 1969. 
This photo was taken in 1997 by a fire fighter captain on the edge of the Florida Everglades.  This bigfoot relative is known as the Skunkape in the Florida area.  The Skunkape has been sighted numerous times and there have also been footprints found and cast.  It gets it's nickname from the power stench that often accompanies it.    Reported sightings of this creature go back 30 years. 

Encounter with a Sasquatch  9-1-03

On August 26, 1957, William Roe provided a sworn statement about his encounter with a Bigfoot.  Roe, who had worked as a hunter, trapper, and a road worker, was working in British Columbia in 1955.  He had hiked five miles up Mica Mountain to explore a deserted mine. 

When Roe stepped out of a clearing, he saw what he thought was a grizzly bear.  When the animal stood up, he realized this was no grizzly bear!  The animal, a female, was six feet tall, three feet wide, and weighed approximately 300 lbs.  Her arms reached almost to her knees, and when she 
walked she put the heel of her foot down first. 

Roe was hiding in some brush and was able to observe the creature from a distance of some 20 feet.  He watched, fascinated, as she used her white, even teeth to eat leaves from a nearby bush.  Her head was "higher at the back than at the front"; her nose was flat.  Only the area around her mouth was bare - the rest of her body was covered in hair, none of which was longer than an inch.  The ears looked very much like a human's.  The eyes were small and dark, similar to a bear's. 

At this point, the animal caught Roe's scent and walked back the way she had come, looking over her shoulder as she went.  As she disappeared into the bush, Roe heard her make a sound he described as "a kind of a whinny". 

Roe wanted to find out whether the animal was a vegetarian or whether she consumed meat as well.  He searched for and found signs (feces) in several places.  Upon examination, no hair or insect shells were found.  Roe concluded this animal lived solely on vegetation. 

While Roe could not be sure this creature was, in fact, a Bigfoot, the logical conclusion is that he was fortunate enough to be able to observe this elusive creature up close. 

Theories on Bigfoot's Identity 

There have been numerous names given the bigfoot over the years. “Bad Idians", “Mountain Devils”, "Omaha Bushman”, "Sasquatch", "Yeren" and "Yeti" just to name a few. 

A more scientific name shared by some scientists is the Gigantopithecus Blacki, an extinct primate that lived in Asia some 3000,000 years ago and could have found its way to other parts of the world via the land bridge before Asia broke off the mainland. 

Dr. Grover Krantz a well known and respected Cyptozoologist, feels the Sasquatch is indeed Gigantopithecus. He has studied all aspects of the creature for many years. He is convinced of its existence and is one of the scientists who has studied the Patterson film footage and is certain it is genuine. In his book, Bigfoot Prints, Krantz shows a jawbone of what he believes a whole skull would have looked like and using it, was able to construct a skull of what he believes a whole skull would look like.  There have only been a handful or teeth and jawbones of Gigantopithecus found throughout the world. The first tooth was found by in 1932 by a Dutch paleoanthropologist, G.H.R. Von Koeingswa1d in a Hong Kong apothecary shop. Since that time only a few jawbones and thousands of teeth have been found. 

Is it possible this species that walked Asia some 300,000 years ago, did not die out, but survived well into the 20th century? Perhaps. A species of fish, the coelacanth, thought to be extinct for 70,000,000 years turned up in South Africa in 1938. Another fish, completely unknown to the world, was discovered in 1976. It was called the megamouth shark. Other animals thought to be myth have turned up in this century. The okapi, mountain gorilla, and the giant panda. If Bigfoot is indeed Gigantopithecus Blacki, he may one day be rediscovered and the mystery will finally be solved.

Bigfoot's  Names

Bigfoot is far from being confined to North America. He is found in almost all parts of the world by many names.  Here are just a few of the places he has been seen and his name given by the natives: 

North America - Bigfoot, Sasquatch  
Europe - Kaptar, Biabin-guli, Grendel, Ferla Mohir, Brenin Ilwyd 
Africa - Ngoloko,Kikomba.  
Asia - Gin-sung, Yeti, Mirygdy ,Mecheny, Chinese Wildman, Nguoi Rung 

Are they dangerous?

This is a very delicate area. Most encounters are just “being in the right — at the right time” to see a Bigfoot and watch it disappear into the forest. However, there have been a few documented cases where a violent encounter with a Bigfoot has taken place.  One of the most famous stories takes place in the mid 1850’s. Two hunters were camping in the woods. They were trappers. They made camp and headed upstream. Upon their return, they found their camp ransacked and large footprints could be found, but were ignored at the time. The men repaired their camp and got ready for supper. 

Later, one of the men studied the tracks and thought they were bear tracks, a bear walking on hind legs. His partner laughed but agreed that it seemed to be that way. They concluded that no human made those tracks.    After dark once the men were sound asleep, one of the was awakened by the sounds of an intruder. He saw a large figure at the entrance of their homemade lean to and he could smell a foul odor. He grabbed his rifle and fired. The thing ran back to the woods. The trappers stayed up for most of the night but there were no further visitations. 

They continued setting out traps the next day, but stayed together. When they returned to camp. Again, it had been ransacked.  More two legged footprints were found. The men made a large fire and took turns guarding camp. Well into the night the thing came back. They could hear it as it walked around the woods near the camp making strange growling noises but never came near their fire. 

The next day the trappers decided to move on due to the events and little results from their hunting. All morning long they stayed together. But had the feeling something was watching them the whole time. They could hear twigs snapping in the woods beside them. One of the men, around noon, offered to finish getting the traps while his companion went back to camp and finish packing.  

When the man returned in the late afternoon with the traps, he found a horrifying site. His friend lay dead. His neck was broken and there were four fang marks in the throat. More footprints were at the scene. That was it. The remaining trapper left everything behind except his grit He didn’t stop until he got back to civilization. 

A 14-year old girl reported another encounter that happened in the Himalayas. The creature there, referred by the natives as a Yeti, viciously attacked the girl for no apparent reason. She was beaten into unconsciousness. Her brother found her soon after, wounded, but alive. Several nearby Yaks lay dead, half eaten. The Yeti’s footprints were all around them. No reason whatsoever could be found for the unprovoked attack 

These kinds of attacks are rare. Most encounters are very brief and non- violent. They seem for the most part gentle creatures, if you don’t include some instances of animal mutilations contributed to the Bigfoot. No real evidence can support this, though.  But then again, it is an animal. Who knows?-

This information courtesy of, a very good site on mysterious information.