following are reputed to be actual statements found on insurance claim forms where car drivers attempted to summarise the
details of an accident in the fewest possible words.
The instances of faulty writing serve to confirm that even incompetent writing may be highly entertaining.
- Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have.
- The other car collided with mine without giving me warning of its intention.
- I thought my window was down, but I found it was up when I put my head through it.
- I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way.
- A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.
- The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve several times before I hit him.
- I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother in law and headed over the embankment.
- In an attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole.
- I had been shopping for a plant all day and was on my way home. As I reached an inter-section a hedge
sprang up, obscuring my vision and I did not see the other car.
- I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident.
- I was on the way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to
have an accident and damage my big end.
- As I approached the intersection a sign appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before.
I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident.
- To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front I stuck a pedestrian.
- My car was legally parked as it backed into another vehicle.
- An invisible car came out of nowhere, stuck my car and vanished.
- I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat I found that I had a fractured skull.
- I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him.
- The pedestrian had no idea which direction to run. So I ran over him.
- I saw a slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off the roof of my car.
- The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.
- I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows.
- The telephone pole was approaching. I was attempting to swerve out the way when I struck the front
- The accident was caused by me waving to the man I hit last week.
- I knocked over a man, he admitted it was his fault as he'd been knocked over before.